Sunday, July 4, 2010

Doug Stanhope


I'va been listening to Doug Stanhope's s stand up for a while and wanted to painted a caricature of the guy. I'm going to send it to him and see what he thinks. If you never heard of him look up some clips on youtube but that won't do him justice, listen to an album.

Update: I got to meet Doug Stanhope here in Halifax before his show, he was having a cigarette outside and I shyly approached him and started a conversation. After a few jokes back and forth about Halifax I told him I was the guy that did the painted caricature and he said he liked it and thought it was cool. I told him hes one of my heroes then he had to go into the club. He killed it that night at the club and I had a dopey grin on the whole time.

1 comment:

Josh Lange said...

Hi Paul,
I came across this drawing after doing a Google search--nice work. I just completed a caricature of Stanhope myself. I hope you check it out and enjoy it:
http://joshlange.blogspot.com/2010/08/comics-i-like-doug-stanhope.html

-Josh